The focus, pace and style of one-to-one and small group language teaching of adults can be an extremely challenging task and demands that coaches possess a whole new skillset. Our clients” expectations tend to be high, yet all too often their dynamic work schedules or personal issues get in the way and despite the best of intentions they don’t find the time to do the homework they asked you to give them.
In addition to the accountability issues close encounters can be claustrophobic, personalities loom large and much of our previous training fails to help us design effective programmes for our new client base.
But once we have accepted what can usefully be carried over from group teaching and what can’t and have mastered new techniques that we could never attempt with a class of 30 students, individual and small group language coaching becomes extremely satisfying for coach and client.
The coaching site offers an abundance of free resources and as well as range of training workshops that help you
- brand yourself (create an online presence to market yourself as a language coach)
- build your own branded online resource center for your clients
- master and seamlessly integrate innovative technology into your sessions
- conduct language audits for learners with specific needs
- reinforce the key skills of coaching: rapport, deep listening, intuition, questioning, feedback.
Subscribe to CoachEng mailing list to get latest updates about training workshops!