Archive for the ‘Social Media’ Category
1. Social Media opens up new opportunities. More and more companies have realized the potential in social media as a powerful catalyst for viral marketing . As a result they are hiring social media consultants to deal with their social media presence !! If you provide English language services to companies you have an advantage! Discuss the benefits in social marketing and extend your services to include promoting their company in these networks!! This is exactly what I did for one of my client companies who have cut back on English courses due to the recession. I offered my services in marketing on Twitter . They agreed!!
Tip: Check if twitter user names are available for companies. Sign up for them fast and then promote your services to the companies!
2. Build connections: So I have to learn about twitter fast, right??!!! I am jumping right in and trying to build up my own networks and learn new tricks from those whom I follow and who follow me! For example, today I got a new follower, who had thousands of followers. Amazed that he actually found me I sent him a direct message and asked him how he find me. He told me about twollo.com that enables you to find people who align to your interests. He found me because of an earlier post that I had made on social media. I signed up for twollo and twitter remote my connections are growing fast!
3. Learn tricks: I learned how to make my own beautiful twitter background , because I really liked one of my follower’s twitter backgrounds . I saw a link at the top of his page, clicked it and had fun creating my new background using an intuitive, interactive tool from http://www.freetwitterdesigner.com . Now I know how to make professional looking backgrounds for my clients!!!!
4. Promote products that can help others learn and earn additional revenue in the process: I needed to learn more fast, so I bought myself a program called the Twitter traffic machine . This explains how to grow a twitter account rapidly with total automation in 6 videos! Very cool! I bought this product and am promoting as an affiliate because if it can help me, I am pretty sure it will be useful to others. Check out Twitter traffic machine here!
Everyone is talking about social media or using social media to talk!
Facebook, twitter, skype, blogging - all of these web 2.0 tools are hot topics of discussion. Get your language students talking about it and integrate social media into your language lesson plan! Not only will your clients practice the art of small talk, they may even learn something new about social media!
Ideas for engaging discussion could include the following:
- definition of social media -ask your student to explain it in their own words
- ask about the types of social media that they use on a personal level, company level
- ask about how their company uses social media
- discuss the advantages/disadvantages of social media
- discuss social media stories such as twitter in the news ( CNN /Oprah /Kutcher)
- discuss social media as an opportunity to earn money!Click Here!
- explore some social media sites (twitter/skype/facebook) together and language used regarding the different activities.
- open a social media account with your client to familiarize them with the current lingo
- discuss how new words enter English language with the new technology. Example: Google is now a verb! Google it or google me for more information about my background.
Common Craft produces short explanatory videos that are focused on making complex ideas easy to understand. Here is a video that talks about social media in general.
The video below explains Twitter.
Here is a free social media worksheet. I personally hate downloading something without seeing if it is really useful to me. So in order to make it as pleasant for you as possible, I have embedded into my site. After reviewing the document, if you like it, feel free to download it here. Download your coachENG file