Archive for the ‘Extra income’ Category
1. Social Media opens up new opportunities. More and more companies have realized the potential in social media as a powerful catalyst for viral marketing . As a result they are hiring social media consultants to deal with their social media presence !! If you provide English language services to companies you have an advantage! Discuss the benefits in social marketing and extend your services to include promoting their company in these networks!! This is exactly what I did for one of my client companies who have cut back on English courses due to the recession. I offered my services in marketing on Twitter . They agreed!!
Tip: Check if twitter user names are available for companies. Sign up for them fast and then promote your services to the companies!
2. Build connections: So I have to learn about twitter fast, right??!!! I am jumping right in and trying to build up my own networks and learn new tricks from those whom I follow and who follow me! For example, today I got a new follower, who had thousands of followers. Amazed that he actually found me I sent him a direct message and asked him how he find me. He told me about twollo.com that enables you to find people who align to your interests. He found me because of an earlier post that I had made on social media. I signed up for twollo and twitter remote my connections are growing fast!
3. Learn tricks: I learned how to make my own beautiful twitter background , because I really liked one of my follower’s twitter backgrounds . I saw a link at the top of his page, clicked it and had fun creating my new background using an intuitive, interactive tool from http://www.freetwitterdesigner.com . Now I know how to make professional looking backgrounds for my clients!!!!
4. Promote products that can help others learn and earn additional revenue in the process: I needed to learn more fast, so I bought myself a program called the Twitter traffic machine . This explains how to grow a twitter account rapidly with total automation in 6 videos! Very cool! I bought this product and am promoting as an affiliate because if it can help me, I am pretty sure it will be useful to others. Check out Twitter traffic machine here!
- Selling internet services (domain names/hosting) is lucrative business and will continue to be so during the recession as more and more people come online in search of opportuntities to make extra money.
- Free to join
- Absolutely risk-free - no sales, no charges! No matter whether you make sales or not - we won’t charge you a dime!
- You dont need to know anything about domain names! The company does everything! They provide hosting service itself, billing and 24/7/365 technical support.
- It is easy to promote. Link your store to your existing website or blog, or promote in business cards, email and so on!
My story: Many of my colleagues, English language clients and students are interesed in developing their own blogs and projects. I have several of domains , this one, http://www.coacheng.co.il and http: //www.amyeini.com as well as some others. I use these to explain the advantages of having a domain. As I have signed up to sell domains , I can offer private domain registration at a competitive rate and save those interested in buying a domain alot of money.
The program I signed up for, is one of the best webhosting and affiiliate programs there is. When you sign up to be a reseller member you are given your own site and tools to brand your own domain store. You can use their links and just name your store, or you can brand yourself. I branded myself, that means I bought a new domain just for my store . I bought the domain at cost price with in the system and choose coachENG host as my domain name. Here is my coachENG hosting store.
The system is very simple. Everything is done for you and is it simple yet sophisticated. Your store will be selling domain names and web hosting and your profit is the difference between wholesale and retail prices that you set. Hosting, billing and technical support is provided by the company!
So for example domain names in Israel are registered for over 20$ a year. I can sell them in my reseller account for less than 50% of local charges for a domain name.
If you are interested in becoming a reseller of domain names, you can sign up for the program for free. You can also promote the program to others!! Check out the reseller program here.
Moodle is actually an acronym for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment but ‘Moodle is a course management system (CMS) - a free, Open Source software package designed using sound pedagogical principles, to help educators create effective online learning communities’ It is distributed under the GNU General Public License . Moodle can also be called a ‘Virtual Learning Environment’ (VLE) or ‘Learning Platform’. It provides a range of functionality covering content creation and delivery, communication and collaboration and management, including tracking and assessment tools.
Assignments - for managing homework including the ability for pupils to download/upload homework and for teachers to mark it online
Resource links - to webpages and files to help teachers/coaches build topics or courses or units of work
Messaging, Forums and chat for interactive discussion of ideas and concepts
Quizzes and choices
Content - commercial content can be uploaded (SCORM packages)
Comprehensive monitoring of all activity
If you are a language coach you need a moodle site because:
You will look super professional with your branded Moodle site.
You can provide your clients with opportunities for self-evaluation.
You can upload materials and link to resources for your clients in your own private space
You can save your clients work and provide valuable feedback.
You can create your very own learning community
You can create moodle courses for global learners and charge a subscription fee
You can add audio of your voice or other MP3 materials.
Click here to see our CoachENG moodle site.
Language coaches can sign in as guests to the sample course to get an inside look at a course design.